This Market Trends Dashboard highlights the trending growth in the most frequently used methods for single cell isolation and analysis.
Single Cell Analysis Research Profile
Historically, most genomic technologies have required relatively large amounts of nucleic acid for analysis, even though researchers have suspected that even the same cell types vary from cell-to-cell in terms of mutations, gene expression, or epigenetic marks.
As the sensitivity of these techniques has improved in recent years, it has become possible to extract enough DNA/RNA from individual cells for sequencing, PCR, and microfluidic analysis. Today, researchers have the ability to characterize minute differences in minimal sample. This has had broad reaching implications in many fields from neurosciences to oncology.
Several technologies have been optimized to isolate single cells for these workflow including Laser capture micro-dissection (LCM), fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS), and automated pipette aspiration. With these technological advances, single-cell analyses are becoming increasingly realistic in many fields and will no doubt continue to grow rapidly in the years ahead.
Inside this Dashboard
This Research Profile summarizes the world’s top authors and institutions performing single cell analyses in their studies. Inside it, you’ll find:
- Top publishing authors performing single cell analyses in their studies
- Top institutions where labs are performing single cell analyses in their studies
- Author and institution single cell analysis usage trending over time
- Highest cited authors and institutions performing single cell analyses
- A comprehensive list of publications from top authors studying single cells ranked by their publications’ citation volume